To prepare your income tax return, go through the following checklist for the categories that apply to you. Having this information ready, will increase the efficiency, cost and accuracy of your taxes.
Steps to take in preparing for taxes:
- Download or print the checklist. Tax Preparation Checklist
- Place checklist in a file folder
- As you receive tax documents, place them in the folder and check off the list
- Line items on the checklist that do not apply
- Enter information and amounts that are not already available on the other documents, such as your bank routing number for direct deposit.
Having this information in a report is much easier than going through your checks and bank statements for the entire year. As you review the report, highlight information you will need to prepare your tax return.
Contact Water's Edge CPA, LLC to complete your taxes. Water's Edge CPA, LLC a registered IRS E-File organization, will ensure the compliance of the tax code along with the mitigation of costs and risks.